THIS FRIDAY! @sophireaptress @debilbags @cozen_nyc trunk show with @roguerepubliccosmetics A STYLING EVENT! Come get done up in my products and the trunk shows features designer looks, have your photo taken and take advantage of discounts! I can attest that Sophis craftsmanship is amazing! Djing by Elijah arms and live set by @samarkand666 !! A first Friday on Frankford ave you won’t want to miss. Refreshments AND food trucks right outside!! #firstfriday #firstfridayphilly #frankfordave #fishtown #toile #toileatelier #styledbytoile #debil #debilbags #sophireaptress #sophireaptressdesigns #trunkshow #cozennyc #cozen #elijaharms #roguerepublic #roguerepubliccosmetics #veganmakeup #phillymade #shoplocal #shopsmall #phillyfashion #phillydesigners #faunworks #mua OH AND ART will be on display too! Including @jeremyhush !
#Repost from @sophireaptress with @repostapp for #sophireaptressdesogns featuring #grimreaperhoodie #leggings #harempant #croptop and #vegancosmetics from @roguerepubliccosmetics photographer @wjcphotography models Amanda Eric and rimaj @danceking23 MUA me @opioidobscura hair deivyd shock #mua #phillymua #phillydesign #phillyfashion #shoplocal #shopsmall #roguerepublic #roguerepubliccosmetics #mua #makeupartist #darkfashion #veganmakeup #artisanmakeup #mineralmakeup #phillymade
Lady tattooer @alexandrafische created this gorgeous glam skull makeup with the help of our #veganpigments ! She used #facedancer and #dirge :) #tattooartist #skullmakeup #veganbeauty #veganmakeup #vegancosmetics #roguerepublic #roguerepubliccosmetics #customerphotos
There are a lot of things that can affect our skin, from our diets to our sleeping habits. The majority of us know to get more sleep, eat less processed foods, and to drink more water. But the products you use on your skin also have a big impact on your skin’s appearance. Here are my tips for improving your skin routine.
- Avoid products that are tested on animals or contain animal ingredients. This may be straightforward if you are vegan or familiar with how cruel animal testing can be. But if you are not, do you really care if a dog looks good in that lipstick? Or if this cleanser works well on a rabbit? No. You want to get products that are tested on humans, and that’s what a lot of people like about beauty blogs and YouTube channels, because people recommend products that have worked for them. Also, do you want any of these ingredients on your skin? I know I do not.
- Beeswax and honey (bee barf)
- Lanolin (wool)
- Squalene (shark liver oil)
- Carmine (crushed beetles)
- Tallow (animal fat)
- Collagen (placenta-derived)
- Allantoin (cow urine)
- Elastin (animal connective tissue)
- Know your skin type. This seems like a no brainer, but a lot of people are not exactly sure what type of skin they have. Do your research and make sure you know what skin type you are. Then make sure you find products that match up.
- Know what you are putting on your skin. This gets talked about a lot, but make sure you know the ingredients and the benefits they have for your skin. I like to research products before I purchase them, and I will Google all of the ingredients I am not already familiar with. I look for the source, the composition, and side effects. This lets you know if you’re putting harmful chemicals on your delicate facial skin.
- Shield yourself from the sun. I strongly encourage you to use a day time moisturizer with SPF, or even a BB cream with SPF. This will help protect you from discoloration, burns that can dry out your skin, and wrinkles! Even check out lip balms with SPF.
- Moisturize! Moisturize! Moisturize! I grew up with the oiliest skin possible. I was constantly trying to strip the oil, because I thought that would help my acne. It never did. When I realized this, I tried to find more natural products, but they all did the same thing. That is when I switched to the oil cleanse, and since then my skin has had less acne, less acne scars, and a lot less black heads. It is not dry or itchy, and there is no overproduction of oil. My skin is actually pretty normal now, aside from a hormonal break out once in a while. Providing your skin with moisture is the key to regulating your oil production and helping your skin to be as normal as possible.
Everyone knows that taking care of your skin is important. Daily rituals like moisturizing, cleansing and exfoliating are all needed to keep your skin vibrant, healthy and free to breathe. But hardly anyone gives the same attention to the delicate skin on your lips. During the winter, we mostly think that giving your lips a few swipes of lip balm will help but that layer of chapped skin has to be removed to leave room for new skin to grow. That’s where Lip Scrubs come into play. This sweet exfoliate is made up of coarse sugar and an extra dash of sweetness with bubblegum flavoring and a candy pink hue. By taking a small amount on your finger, rub in a circular motion on your lips and simply lick your lips clean. A very special way of your lips saying ‘thank you’. Of course, you might take a few extra licks to just feel how amazingly smooth and soft your lips will feel after. LUSH carries four flavors year round; Bubblegum, Sweet Lips, Mint Julip and Popcorn, with seasonal flavors that come and go throughout the year. Priced at $9.95, 25g can last you an entire year and a lot can happen in a year so make sure to always keep your lips kissable soft.
For this and other LUSH products, visit:
This is a great product! Use it before applying your favorite lip safe RRC pigment and gloss and you’ll have a smooth lip color to last all night long
I’ve been on the look out for a toner that works well for my skin for some time now, and after spending probably way too much money on products that left my skin feeling even worse, I began to look at ways to make my own. After testing some recipes found online, I have finally come up with a combination that I am finally happy with. It’s affordable, cruelty free, will help to soothe and reduce redness and best of all it has no hidden chemicals.
What You Will Need:
¼ cup Organic Apple Cider Vinegar
½ cup Green Tea
A good squeeze of Lemon Juice
½ to 1 cup of Water
After combining all of your ingredients, simply mix well and keep in the fridge. It should keep for about 2-3 weeks. If you feel the smell is too strong, add more water until you are happy with it.
Apple Cider Vinegar works to restore the ph balance of your skin after cleansing, and works as an antibacterial product which can help to treat acne. Adding the green tea and lemon juice will help to significantly reduce redness and will leave your skin feeling refreshed and soothed.
If there is anything that has been updated from this please feel free to let me know :)
Such a great list! Rogue Republic Cosmetics does not test on animals or use any ingredients that have been. We also support these companies as well as other indie make up brands. Make up community love <3